As The Offensive Line Goes, So Go The Badgers
It is one thing to praise, it is another to praise and have the stats to back it up. One thing the Badger offensive line can do is back it up. With one game left in the season, the offensive line of the Badgers has helped to contribute some gaudy stats which include:
- Combined, they have 125 starts among them
- They average 6’5, 320 pounds
- They have helped to produce 2,639 yards total rushing
- With their help, the offense is averaging 5.5 yards per rushing carry
- The Badgers are rushing for 239.9 yards per game
This awesome ground attack led by these linemen have enabled the offense to sustain drives, eat up the clock, demoralize opposing defenses, while keeping their defense off the field and “fresh”. So UW Badger offensive line, I dub thee “Big Red”. If it doesn’t stick that’s fine. Someone who is more creative with a marketing background I’m sure can do a much better job. However, this group is deserving of a nickname. If you have a better one, now is the time, so we have something to put on a t-shirt for their upcoming bowl game to sing the praises of a group that so well deserves it.